Young & Up Stagers
Horncastle Young Stagers was founded in 1985 to provide a total theatrical experience for children and young people of Horncastle and surrounding areas. Initially it was for 9 – 14 year olds but over the subsequent years and growing numbers it has extended from 7 to 18 year olds across two groups: –
- Young Stagers – 7 to 12 year olds
- Up Stagers – 12 – 18 year olds
The aims and objectives of these groups are to:-
- To offer equal opportunities to all youngsters including those with special needs.
- Give young people a full and practical programme of theatrical workshops on a weekly basis
- To bring these groups together to explore ideas, themes and create characters and inhabit theatrical worlds.
- To offer the chance to perform in full length plays and musical in their own environment.
- To take part in adult productions when plays require it and dance and act in the adult companies annual pantomime.
- To give confidence to work together to establish good team working.
- To exchange and share skills, experiences and techniques of the theatre.
- To enable young people to develop tools and techniques in acting, stagecraft and directing productions of their own.
-Sheena Liversidge, January 2013